RaveVlog

What Does a Harvard Graduate Claira Janover Say About Her Controversial Video?

In May, Claira Janover graduated from Harvard with a degree in government and psychology, went viral after posting a video in TikTok, she said that she would “stab” anyone who told her “All Lives Matter” published in a new couple of videos that she has lost her job over the perceived threats and resulting rage. 

Standing up for Black Lives Matter put me in a place online to be seen by millions of people,” a teary Claira Janover told in a new video posted Wednesday afternoon. “The job that I’d worked really hard to get and meant a lot to me has called me and fired me because of everything.” 

https://www.tiktok.com/foryou?lang=en#/@cjanover/video/6834849515107831045

In the original video, Janover threatened to stab ‘All Lives Matter’ protests, which cost her job at Deloitte. Janover stated that she had been fired on Wednesday, July 1st. 

Janover’s LinkedIn profile lists her as an “incoming government and public business service analyst” at Deloitte which is a UK-based accounting firm. 

Claira Janover has not avoided commenting on her original statement and it has impacted her career. In fact, Janover has continued to use her TikTok account to create videos to respond to the controversy. 

Claira Janover On TikTok 

On Wednesday, July 1st, Janover used TikTok to unfold things in a couple of videos about why she was being targeted by ‘Trump Twitter’. 

In just one of these videos, Janover told the video was “an analogous joke that Trump Twitter thought was real.” 

In another video, Janover says: “It was hyperbole and political satire, and actually a good TikTok. But goddamn people thought I was actually threatening to stab them. And now we have Trump Twitter and my name trending with messages like this [shows hate messages] and reporting me to the FBI.” 

Janover has now more than 163,000 followers and 5.9 million likes at the time of writing.

During the video, Janover indicated to what seems to be a page from the company’s website, and perceived that she was axed “even though they claim to stand against systematic bias, racism and unequal treatment.” 

Janover, who claimed that the message was an analogy rather than a serious threat, has since removed that video but said that she’s since got a deluge of threats against her own life and security. 

In her new videos, she accused followers of President Trump for going after her job. 

Trump supporters took my job away from me,” she said in another new video posted Wednesday. “I have gotten death threats, rape threats, violent threats. It was OK, but now my future is entirely compromised because Trump supporters have decided to come for my life.” 

https://www.tiktok.com/@cjanover/video/6844619909612178693

Through tears, a rebellious Janover promised not to back down. 

I’m too strong for you. I’m too strong for any of you ‘All Lives Matter,’ racist Trump supporters,” she said. “It sucks. But it doesn’t suck as much as systemic racism. And I’m not going to stop using my platform to advocate for it.” 

I’m sorry, Deloitte, that you can’t see that,” she stated. “That you were cowardice [sic] enough to fight somebody who’s going to make an indelible change in the world and is going to have an impact.” 

Deloitte did not immediately respond to multiple requests for comment. 

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7t7XZmpqaZpOkunCvy5qgq5ldn66vu9WeqWarka56oq7OrqtmoJWneqS7za2pqK6Vp8CqrctmraKclaR8

Brenda Moya

Update: 2024-05-03