RaveVlog

John Black Jr. Died: Know More About Him? Cause of His Death

Evangelist and Pastor John A. Black Jr., a remarkable spiritual leader, passed away on November 7, 2023. Pastor Black Jr. was widely respected for his unwavering dedication to his community and his profound impact on the lives of those he touched. His passing marks the end of an era, as people remember him not only for his remarkable abilities but also for his deep spiritual wisdom and compassionate leadership.

Who Was John Black Jr.?

Pastor John A. Black Jr. was a remarkable and versatile individual, well-known for his talents as a preacher, singer, writer, and musician. His influence was not only felt as a solo artist but also as a former member of the famous Gap Band. Pastor Black’s expertise spanned across various areas in music, including songwriting and record production. He collaborated with renowned figures such as the late Dr. Mattie Moss Clark and Reverend James Cleveland, leaving a significant impact on the gospel music scene. One of his notable achievements was writing the gospel music classic “That’s When You Blessed Me” for the L.A. Mass Choir. Moreover, he contributed his musical and writing skills to the Gap Band, co-composing the title track and the song “You’re So Cute” for the acclaimed movie “I’m Gonna Get You Sucker.”

In addition to his musical endeavors, Pastor Black shared his knowledge as a guest lecturer at esteemed institutions like San Diego State University and North Carolina A&T University in 1992. He was married to Angela Denise Gilbert Black for more than two decades and was a loving father to their four children. His wisdom and inspiration continue to resonate, offering valuable guidance not only to fellow artists but also to individuals pursuing significant ambitions in life.

John Black Jr. Died: What Was His Cause of Death?

Based on the information provided, it has been reported that Pastor John Black Jr. may have passed away due to an illness. However, the exact cause of his death has not been officially revealed by his family or other loved ones. Rest assured, we will keep the general public informed and provide updates on this matter as soon as additional information becomes accessible. In the wake of this news, Bennett Paysinger Sr. posted a heartfelt message on their Facebook page. He wrote,

Growing up as an organist..I had the best mentors ever. My Uncles Matthew and Tommy Bereal, Louis Monroe, Joey Jones and John Black. The soul that my Uncle Matthew and John played with was something you had to experience first hand. I can’t explain it to you. When John showed up to preach at a church and I was playing..he’d look at me and smile cause he knew he was gonna be alright. Rest in Heaven John Black Jr. We will miss you.

Read this also: Aspen Walker Died: Know More About Her, Cause of Death?

Tributes to John Black Jr.

Missionary Cogic Wrote,

“On behalf of Cornell C.S. Wheeler – Servant & Missionary COGIC, we send our condolences to the Black Family along with The Victory Church Family on the transition of Pastor John A. Black, Jr.

“Walk me home church” was said best by Pastor John black when he would close his sermons. Another soldier has gone on to be with the Lord!”

David B. Tolbert Wrote,

“A giant has fallen asleep, Pastor John Black Jr. What a preacher, singer, writer, musician. Former member of the Gap Band and writer of the LA mass choir hit “That’s When You Blessed Me (and you did just what you said)”! For many years he came to minister at Gospel Temple for Bishop Richard White . There will never be another!”

Sandra Taylor Booker Wrote,

“My old time friend has left us…Elder/Evangelist John Black who was one of our buddies. He came to good ole Brooklyn several times conducting revivals at Grayson Temple COGIC and others in the area. My heart is broken 💔!!! Praying for his family and US!!!”

ncG1vNJzZmiqkZ%2ButLDEp6uapJOkua2xxp5lnKedZLewtM1mmaWZk6B6q76MnaCenF8%3D

Fernande Dalal

Update: 2024-05-07